Friday, May 16, 2008

Chick Cabin Weekend X

I'm about to head up the mountain to my family's well-worn cabin in the woods for the annual Chick Cabin Weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing all my homegirls and being unplugged. I brought my guitar so hopefully, I'll get up my nerve to play for them.

This is a special year, the 10th anniversary, so everyone has secret surprises to spring on one another. One girl, Kim, has been living at the cabin since Wednesday, doing something secret, something special and we don't know what until we get there. I'm guessing it involves cleaning and getting long-dead heaters to work.

We're also having a Tea Party on Saturday to honor my mother, who will attend. Big hats, gloves, long pearls - basically, what you wore when you played 'dress up' in your mama's clothes - will be the order of the day. Of course, there will be tea but mostly booze cuz that's how we roll.

3 comments:

hotdrwife said...

Oooh! Have a wonderful time.

Fang Bastardson said...

AWESOME logo work. Kudos to Lisa, I presume?

Kath said...

Can't wait to hear all the juicy deets!