Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Another Drunken Posting

Never a good idea and yet here it is, edited for your safety and sanitary protection: My Second Official Drunken Posting.

The evening was unforgettable. I spent it with Pedro, a man born in Portugal raised in Brazil who was celebrating the one-year anniversary of his American citizenship. This will be a short entry as it is taking so long to correct all the drunken spelling mistakes.

After visiting (and celebrating) all the expansive wonders of the newly revamped DeYoung Musueum, we retired to Solstice, a friendly bar at California and Divisadero, to discuss politics, ad naseum.

I consider it a personal victory that I managed to convince him of the reality of the political game. It came in the form of Gavin Newsom v. Matt Gonazalez for the mayoral race. Obviously, Newsom won but the argument continues in this very liberal town. It is a harsh reality about how the politcal system works and how we need a savvy player on our side (with balls! how novel!) that won him over.

The bartenders celebrated by offering up several shots (on the house) that simulated the color of blood spilled for the American cause for the big event. I don't know what to say.

Luckily, Pedro is married, otherwise, I would have to rethink my move to the South and how my plan to infiltrate the political system there is the only course to my salvation.

1 comment:

Fang Bastardson said...

I like your plan. "The Old South needs you, dear lady." Go forth and rouse the rabble!